Speak with
a visa specialist:

0207 659 9180

Australia 12 Month Holiday Visa

Visafirst.com employs the services of a Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1001083. Our work will be carried out within the Australian Immigration Advisers Authority code of conduct guidelines at all times.

The 12-Month Australia Tourist Visa is a long-stay visa available to people going to Australia for a holiday or to visit family and friends.


If you are not eligible for an ETA Visa, or you wish to visit Australia for more than 3 months, you will need to apply for this Australia Tourist Visa (subclass 600). Visit Am I Eligible for more information.


The visa does not allow you to work in Australia or undertake study for more than 3 months.

Be advised that you might be asked to provide any of the below listed documents. We will be able to confirm this once your application is submitted with the Australian migration authorities.

  • Copy of current passport, valid for the duration of the visa.
  • Evidence of funds (current bank statement showing in excess of €4100 / £2800 / AU$6900 in your bank account plus all transactions for the last 3 months).
  • Evidences of obligation to return to home country:
o A letter from your employer confirming your current position, length of employment, salary level (after tax) and approved leave; OR
o A letter confirming enrolment at school, college or university.
  • Your personal explanations on:
o Your reason for visit to Australia, including your intentions after departure from Australia (i.e. continuation of travel or return to employment in your home country); and
o A description of the activities you plan to undertake over the period of your planned stay in Australia; and
o Your intention to lodge any visa applications during your visit in Australia.
  • A full Travel Itinerary covering your travel arrangements and plans within Australia.
  • A copy of a purchased return air ticket.
  • A letter of invitation (if you will be visiting close family in Australia).

Apply for your Visa

Electronic 12-Month Oz Holiday Visa
If you are from one of the following countries, you can apply for an electronic 12-Month Oz Holiday Visa

Andorra Hungary Portugal
Austria Iceland Republic
Belgium Ireland Republic of San Marino
Brunei Italy Romania
Bulgaria Japan Singapore
Canada Latvia Slovak Republic
Cyprus Liechtenstein Slovenia
Czech Lithuania South Korea
Denmark Luxembourg Spain
Finland Malta Switzerland
France Monaco United Kingdom
Germany Netherlands USA
Greece Norway Vatican City
Hong Kong (SAR) Poland

Click here to apply for an Electronic 12-Month Oz Holiday Visa online. Your visa number will be ready within 24 hours and will be confirmed by email.This visa will be automatically linked to your passport so you will not need to send your passport.

Paper Application
If you are not from of the countries above you cannot apply for an electronic tourist visa. You will need to complete a paper application which will take approximately 4-6 weeks. Click here to apply for a paper tourist visa application.

For more information contact the visa desk at 1 878 3329 or email info@visafirst.com